Managing Paddocks / Pastures
|Pastures can be used for grazing and cropping, in grazing mode you can group animals by pasture and use track utilization through animal move events.|
|1. From the dashboard, either long press the 'Pastures' button to create a new record, or short press to search the pasture list.|
|2. From a short press, you'll see the filter appear. Fill out your search criteria and press 'Search'.|
- Search is a free text search matching pasture name.
|3. Following a search, you will see matching pastures at which point you can either edit an existing pasture, or create a new pasture.|
|4. Once you see the 'New Pasture' screen, fill out the form and press 'Save'.|
- Name is a friendly name for the pasture.
- Area is the size of the pasture, refer to your farm settings for the unit type (Acre / Hectare).
- Location is the location where this pasture exists, refer to Farm Settings > Locations.
- Status allows you to enable / disable pastures for use.
|3. Once the pasture has been saved, you'll be taken back to the pasture overview screen where you can review the settings.|